Ashampoo WinOptimizer (also Ashampoo Win Optimizer) is a cleaning software that mainly focuses on the Windows performance optimization is designed. Over time, using a computer will accumulate unused data and incorrect settings. This slows down the computer and cripples its performance. Ashampoo not only promises to remove junk data, but also to make computers faster, and in the long term.
The Ashampoo WinOptimizer test
If you want to clean up your PC or speed up your PC, it is a good idea to use appropriate aids. Because Windows’s own features are not always sufficient to ensure sustainable performance improvement.
So it is hardly surprising that there are more and more Cleaning programs like Ashampoo Win Optimizer out there on the market. We have a Ashampoo WinOptimizer test carried out because we wanted to know what the PC cleaning program is good for.
In a nutshell, Ashampoo focuses on this Clean up Windows 10. The tuning software uses:
- the removal of duplicate or unnecessary data from the hard drive,
- the reorganization of the contents on the hard drive and
- the shortening of the Windows startup time.
Furthermore, the Ashampoo WinOptimizer range of services also includes a Live tunerwhich speeds up Windows startup. Ashampoo also offers WinOptimizer Privacy improvements. Accordingly, the cleaner software takes care of the reliable deletion of the browser history and Windows logs.
Ashampoo WinOptimizer for Windows 10: Dashboard
Ashampoo WinOptimizer is specially designed for optimizing the performance of Windows 10. The cleaner is about cleaning up Windows 10 and thereby making the PC faster. We took a closer look at the various sub-areas of this software.
First of all, let's examine the Ashampoo WinOptimizer dashboard. Finally, it is also important that the program can be used intuitively by customers. After downloading Ashampoo WinOptimizer, you first get to the dashboard:
- This overview page offers Information about the improvement potential of the computer.
- Furthermore, you have the option to take the first one directly Start scan and set the order for cleaning.
- If you click on the "Analyze“Ashampoo WinOptimizer starts the scan in the background. The program searches for optimization options to speed up the PC. After a successful scan, Ashampoo WinOptimizer then presents the various options for eliminating disruptive factors.
- With a click on "Synchronise“The software then tackles these problems.
By having the dashboard clear and self-explanatory is structured, even beginners should quickly achieve the desired results.
The system maintenance
Ashampoo WinOptimizer for Windows 10 also offers system maintenance as a PC cleaning program. System maintenance also has various sub-areas that the user can start manually. Otherwise the option "One click optimizer“Is used in which Ashampoo WinOptimizer runs all features directly.
In detail, system maintenance involves the following tools:
Registry Optimizer is a tool that searches the Windows registry for broken shortcuts or shortcuts that have not been used for a long time.
Registry Defrag compresses the Windows registry through a meaningful reorganization.
Defrag checks, similar to AVG PC TuneUp or iolo System Mechanicwhether the drives should be defragmented. At the same time, Defrag also detects if it is an SSD drive and then refrains from defragmenting it. SSD drives have individual storage cells that have a maximum number of storage cycles.
Defragmentation does not lead to an increase in performance, but to a shortened service life of the drive.
The Internet Cleaner reliably deletes the browsing history
The various file tools in Ashampoo WinOptimizer
Admittedly, the Ashampoo WinOptimizer cleaner program has a lot to offer in terms of performance. So let's take a quick look at the different ones here File tools, which Ashampoo WinOptimizer also has to offer by the way.
- On the one hand there is the "File manipulator“Which encrypts files and decrypts them again. Especially interesting for everyone who wants to split up large files and put them back together again.
- Next there is the "File Wiper“, Which is about the reliable deletion of data by overwriting it 35 times using the Gutmann method.
- Also the "Link Checker“Is a useful tool when it comes to checking defective and useful program links.
- Der "Disk Doctor“Checks the hard drive for errors.
- At the "Undeleter“Users can restore accidentally deleted data.
- The "Duplicate Finder“That finds duplicate files. Here the users can decide whether and which of the duplicates should remain on the PC.
- Finally there is the "ADS scanner“That searches for invisible data streams and deletes them.
An interesting range of tools to really tidy up the last hidden corner of the computer and thus optimize performance in the long term.
The increase in performance for professionals
Ashampoo WinOptimizer also has some interesting tools ready for all those who really want to go deeper into increasing performance.
The "Service Manager" shows customers which programs boot up automatically at system start, which services start manually and which are completely deactivated. The Service Manager also differentiates between useful and not so useful programs with regard to the coupling to the system start.
With a rating of 0-5, the program clearly shows which programs the user can trust from system start or delete completely can.
Anyone who has ever used Windows' own Task Manager has dealt with, you will find your way around the "StartUp Tuner". Because they are similar in structure. Here the users decide which programs should be included when the system is started and which should not. The "Uninstall Manager" is also used here if software is no longer required.
Other performance-enhancing tools
There are also a few other tools that Ashampoo WinOptimizer brings with it. Here is a quick overview:
- "Anti Spy“Enables users to prevent data transfer from Windows services if this is not absolutely necessary for the computer to function.
- With the tool "Tweaking“The users adjust the system settings. Particularly interesting in terms of automatic user registration or programs such as Outlook.
- Der "Browser Extension Manager“Informs users about plug-ins and enables extensions to be removed safely.
- The tool "Win10 Privacy Control“Goes one step further in terms of privacy protection. Because here the users determine which data in relation to geolocation or Cortana Assistant go to Microsoft.
- "FileAssociator“Helps users to find and delete links that go nowhere.
- Ashampoo WinOptimizer also knows its way around saving energy. Because the tool "Energy manager“Enables users to set up and select energy saving plans and to adapt the overall performance to individual requirements.
- Furthermore, it is also about the configuration of the user rights with "User Rights Manager".
The features "System Benchmark" and "HDD Benchmark" go one step further, which deal with the system performance and the speed of the hard disk. However, this analysis works not for SSD hard drives.
Accidentally deleted too much
Especially when optimizing the computer, it can happen that you delete more than is useful. Ashampoo WinOptimizer also offers a simple solution for this. Namely the "System restore manager“With all its sub-areas. Here there are restore points and the option to save or restore the desktop icon arrangement.
Furthermore, skins, programming language and the like can be changed here.
The price for the PC tuning software
Ashampoo WinOptimizer is of course available in one free version. However, not all important functions of the cleaner software are available to users of the free version of Ashampoo WinOptimizer. If you really want to carry out extensive optimization, you should use the paid version of Ashampoo WinOptimizer.
The Ashampoo WinOptimizer download is not only available for Windows 10 - even if this cleaning software does particularly well with this Windows candidate, but also for Windows 8 and Windows 7. Meanwhile the version Ashampoo WinOptimizer 18 is already available, which replaces the outdated version Ashampoo WinOptimizer 17.
The price is 29,99 Eurosif you order via the website of the provider. Because here customers receive a 40 percent discount on the actual price of 49,99 euros. With the one-time payment, the customers are then taken to the Ashampoo WinOptimizer download area.
- The program goes on up to 10 devices Install and use with an individual key.
The conclusion to Ashampoo WinOptimizer
In our Ashampoo WinOptimizer test we had the opportunity to test various areas of this cleaner software.
- Ashampoo WinOptimizer not only deletes junk data, but also focuses on it Improve PC performance by defragmentation.
- Another important point is the Protection of personal data, both locally and on the web.
- A big plus is that if you have any questions or problems there is a German-speaking customer support who helps the customer.
- Even beginners can't get lost with the clear dashboard and get the most out of the program with just a few clicks.