Personal data is also processed when operating this website. The security of your data is very important to us, which is why we transparently document in this data protection declaration which data we collect and for what purpose it is used.
1. Definition of terms
For a better understanding, we start with an explanation of some technical terms:
- IP addresses: IP addresses are used to uniquely identify devices on the Internet. When you establish a connection, your telecommunications provider assigns your router an IP address so that it can communicate with other Internet devices. The IP address is usually assigned dynamically so that it can only be assigned to a telephone connection or router by the responsible telecommunications provider.
- Cookies: Cookies are small data packages that a website stores in the visitor's internet browser. Cookies are used to identify returning users, to make the website easier to use and to save individual adjustments. Modern internet browsers offer the option of restricting or preventing the setting of cookies or deleting the cookies at the end of the session.
- Third-party providers: Third-party providers are companies whose products or services are used on a website to implement special functions. For example, a third-party provider can create independent access statistics to document the reach of a website. Further examples are the integration of a search function and the delivery of advertising content. Depending on the type of integration of this content, the third party provider has access to part of the visitor data.
2. The processing of IP addresses
When you access www.ht4u.net via your web browser, the browser transmits the IP address of your router or modem to our web server. Our web server then compiles the required data and sends it to your IP address. Access to our website would not be possible without knowledge of the IP address.
The software on our web server creates so-called log files, which log accesses and events. These files are used for troubleshooting and hazard prevention and also record the IP addresses of our visitors. This is a short-term storage because the log files are usually overwritten within 24 hours.
Our forum at www.ht4u.net/forum/ records the IP addresses of the users and saves them permanently, provided the users write a post, edit a post or make changes to their user account. This measure serves the security of our users and our platform, the defense against unwanted advertising (spam) and the pursuit of legal violations. Registered users can only see their own IP address, while our moderators and administrators have access to the IP addresses of all users.
Our website includes embedded content from third-party providers, such as statistical services, videos or advertising. When this content is accessed, the third-party providers receive access to the IP addresses of our visitors. You can find more information about this in the "Third-party content" section.
Our forum software requires cookies for user management. The forum software stores a session ID in the “PHPSESSID” cookie, which is deleted at the end of the session. Information about registered users is stored in the "SMFCookie11" cookie. Other cookies control the placement and distribution of the advertising space.
The website at www.ht4u.net also contains content from third-party providers, including videos, advertising and range measurement. These third-party providers can set their own cookies. You can find more information about this in the "Third-party content" section.
You can prevent the installation of cookies by configuring your web browser. Please note that without cookies you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. As a rule, however, only convenience functions are affected. An alternative is to delete the cookies at the end of the session. Some web browsers can automate this process.
4. The transmission and processing of personal data
If there is the possibility of entering personal or business data (e-mail addresses, names, addresses) on the website www.ht4u.net, the input of this data takes place voluntarily. The use and payment of all offered services are permitted - as far as technically possible and reasonable - without specification of such data or under specification of anonymized data or a pseudonym. This also includes our forum, for whose use we expressly recommend the use of pseudonyms.
The processing of the contact data published in the imprint or comparable information such as postal addresses, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail addresses by third parties to send information that has not been expressly requested is not permitted. We expressly reserve the right to take legal steps against senders of so-called spam mails who violate this prohibition.
Personal data that is transmitted to www.ht4u.net by visitors or business partners is only processed internally and is not passed on to third parties. A transfer is only possible if the person concerned expressly requests this and specifies a specific purpose. If we receive a legally compliant request from government authorities, we will of course grant you access.
4a. The storage period for personal data
The storage period for personal data depends on the respective concern and legal requirements:
- Business e-mails are subject to a statutory retention period of six to ten years and we will delete them after ten years at the earliest.
- General inquiries are only stored for as long as the request of the person seeking contact requires.
- Unwanted advertising and phishing emails are deleted immediately.
4b. Right to information for personal data
You have a right to information about which personal data we have stored about you. Please direct your inquiries to:
finixio Ltd, 3 Lower Thames Str, St Magnus House, London, EC3R 6HE, United Kingdom Tel .: +44 (0) 203 146 8423
In the case of www.ht4u.net, it is usually about e-mail traffic and user accounts in our forum. In order to be able to provide you with information, we need the email address you used. When it comes to forum data, we also need the username you have chosen. Before we release personal data, we must ensure that you actually have access to the e-mail address mentioned. Please understand that we cannot provide any information based on an IP address and a time stamp alone.
4c. Right to correction and deletion of personal data
You have the right to have incorrect data corrected. You also have the right to request that your data be deleted. If deletion is not possible due to legal requirements, you have the right to restrict further processing of your data.
5. Third Party Content
Some advertising spaces on www.ht4u.net are supplied by third parties such as Mairdumont Netletix, Google AdSense and plista. We occasionally include video content that we obtain from third-party providers such as YouTube for technical and legal reasons.
5a. Google, Google AdSense and YouTube
Further information on content and services from Google, Google AdSense and YouTube:
- Information about cookies & internet advertising
- Advertising settings
5b. Facebook and Twitter
www.ht4u.net operates so-called fan pages on the social platforms Facebook and Twitter. These fan pages are linked via normal links so that data will only flow to Facebook or Twitter when you click on these links. When you visit www.ht4u.net normally, no data is transmitted to Facebook or Twitter. Further information is available from the following links:
6. Competent supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority about this website. Please address your complaints to the State representative for data protection and freedom of information in Saarland.
7. Current version of this data protection declaration
The data protection declaration of www.ht4u.net is continuously revised and improved. This is necessary in order to make adjustments for technical and functional changes and to meet the requirements of the changing legal situation.