Personal data is also processed when operating this website. The security of your data is very important to us, which is why we transparently document in this data protection declaration which data we collect and for what purpose it is used.
1. Definition of terms
For a better understanding, we start with an explanation of some technical terms:
- IP addresses: IP addresses are used to uniquely identify devices on the Internet. When you establish a connection, your telecommunications provider assigns your router an IP address so that it can communicate with other Internet devices. The IP address is usually assigned dynamically so that it can only be assigned to a telephone connection or router by the responsible telecommunications provider.
- Cookies: Cookies are small data packages that a website stores in the visitor's internet browser. Cookies are used to identify returning users, to make the website easier to use and to save individual adjustments. Modern internet browsers offer the option of restricting or preventing the setting of cookies or deleting the cookies at the end of the session.
- Third-party providers: Third-party providers are companies whose products or services are used on a website to implement special functions. For example, a third-party provider can create independent access statistics to document the reach of a website. Further examples are the integration of a search function and the delivery of advertising content. Depending on the type of integration of this content, the third party provider has access to part of the visitor data.
2. The processing of IP addresses
If you access www.ht4u.net, the browser transmits the IP address of your router or modem to our web server. Our web server then compiles the requested data and sends it to your IP address. Access to our website would not be possible without knowledge of the IP address.
The software on our web server creates so-called log files, which log accesses and events. These files are used for troubleshooting and hazard prevention and also record the IP addresses of our visitors. This is a short-term storage because the log files are usually overwritten within 24 hours.
Our forum at www.ht4u.net/forum/ collects and permanently stores users' IP addresses when users post, edit a post, or make changes to their user account. This measure serves to ensure the security of our users and our platform, to ward off unwanted advertising (spam) and to prosecute legal violations. Registered users can only see their own IP address, while our moderators and administrators have access to all users' IP addresses.
Our website includes embedded content from third-party providers, such as statistical services, videos or advertising. When accessing this content, the third-party providers gain access to the IP addresses of our visitors. For more information on this, see the “Third Party Content” paragraph.
Our forum software requires cookies for user administration. The forum software stores a session ID in the "PHPSESSID" cookie, which is deleted again at the end of the session. Information about logged-in users is stored in the “SMFCookie11” cookie. Other cookies control the placement and distribution of advertising space.
On the website of www.ht4u.net also includes third-party content, including videos, advertising, and audience measurement. These third parties may set their own cookies. For more information on this, see the “Third Party Content” paragraph.
You can prevent the installation of cookies by configuring your web browser. Please note that without cookies you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. As a rule, however, only convenience functions are affected. An alternative is to delete the cookies at the end of the session. Some web browsers can automate this process.
4. The transmission and processing of personal data
If within the website www.ht4u.net offers the opportunity to enter personal or business data (e-mail addresses, names, addresses), the user discloses this data on an expressly voluntary basis. The use and payment of all services offered are - as far as technically possible and reasonable - permitted without providing such data or by providing anonymous data or a pseudonym. This also includes our forum, for the use of which we expressly advise the use of pseudonyms.
The processing of the contact data published in the imprint or comparable information such as postal addresses, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail addresses by third parties to send information that has not been expressly requested is not permitted. We expressly reserve the right to take legal steps against senders of so-called spam mails who violate this prohibition.
Personal information submitted by visitors or business partners to www.ht4u.net are only processed internally and are not passed on to third parties. A transfer is only possible if the person concerned expressly requests this and names a specific purpose. If we receive a lawful request from state authorities, we will of course grant them access.
4a. The storage period for personal data
The storage period for personal data depends on the respective concern and legal requirements:
- Business e-mails are subject to a statutory retention period of six to ten years and we will delete them after ten years at the earliest.
- General inquiries are only stored for as long as the request of the person seeking contact requires.
- Unwanted advertising and phishing emails are deleted immediately.
4b. Right to information for personal data
You have a right to information about which personal data we have stored about you. Please direct your inquiries to:
Clickout Media Ltd, AA PH, Camilleri Buildings, Oratory Street, Naxxar, NXR 2504, Malta, Company Number 103525, Tel.: +44 (0)203 146 8423
In the case of www.ht4u.net is usually e-mail traffic and user accounts in our forum. In order to be able to provide you with information, we need the e-mail address you used. When it comes to forum data, we also need the username you have chosen. Before we release any personally identifiable information, we need to ensure that you actually have access to the email address provided. Please understand that we cannot provide any information based solely on an IP address and a time stamp.
4c. Right to correction and deletion of personal data
You have the right to have incorrect data corrected. You also have the right to request that your data be deleted. If deletion is not possible due to legal requirements, you have the right to restrict further processing of your data.
5. Third Party Content
Some advertising space on www.ht4u.net are supplied by third parties such as Mairdumont Netletix, Google AdSense and plista. Occasionally we embed video content that we obtain from third-party providers such as YouTube for technical and legal reasons.
5a. Google, Google AdSense and YouTube
Further information on content and services from Google, Google AdSense and YouTube:
- Information about cookies & internet advertising
- Advertising settings
5b. Facebook and Twitter
www.ht4u.net operates so-called fan pages on the social platforms Facebook and Twitter. These fan pages are connected via normal links, so that data does not flow to Facebook or Twitter until you click on these links. When you normally call up www.ht4u.net, no data is transmitted to Facebook or Twitter. For more information, see the following links:
6. Competent supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority about this website. Please address your complaints to the State representative for data protection and freedom of information in Saarland.
7. Current version of this data protection declaration